Find Out More About SMF AirportThe housing growth in Sacramento pushed the city's planning and development department to consider opening up SMF in the late 50s. The idea was met with some push back, but eventually was given the go ahead. The airport has proven to be a huge success with almost 10 million passengers flying through annually.
Get through customs faster with new Global Entry Kiosks.
Try SMF's Pay-On-Foot Parking For Faster Service
There are some Sacramento airport parking tips that will make your experience better and faster. Pay-on-foot parking allows you to pre-pay for your parking so that when you leave, you can get out of the lot faster. If you're waiting for a passenger, use the free waiting area. It's less congested than in front of the terminal, and you won't get kicked out if you've been waiting to long. Take a break, turn your car off and wait until the person you're picking up is at the entrance to go and load them and their suitcases into your car.
The airport has two terminals, terminal A and terminal B. In total the airport has 32 gates, 19 in terminal B and 13 in terminal A. The old terminal B had 14 gates. 7 airlines operate out of Terminal B and 7 airlines operate out of Terminal A. All indoor public areas have free wi-fi (wireless Internet) provided by the Sacramento County Airport System.
Airlines Out Of Terminal A:
American, Delta, Jet Blue, United
Airlines Out Of Terminal B:
Aeromexico, Alaska, Hawaiian, Horizon, Seaport, Southwest, Volaris
Terminal A is located on Airport Blvd. East, North of Parking Garage A & B, Daily Lot A & B, the rental car Terminal, and Economy Parking.
Terminal B is located on Airport Blvd. West, and North of Hourly B Parking.
Terminal and Map Information For SMF
- Terminal A
- Gates: A1-A17
- Airlines: American, Delta, Jet Blue, and United.
- A selection of restaurants and shops are available post-security. Of course, you can grab a coffee pre-security, and there are 5 restrooms located throughout the terminal.
- Terminal B (the larger of the 2 terminals)
- Gates: B4-B23
- Airlines: Aeromexico, Alaska, Hawaiian, Horizon, Seaport, Southwest, and Volaris.
- There are restaurants and shops located both pre-security and post-security. Terminal B is also where you'll find the APM (Automated People Mover) to make it easier for passengers to get around. The AMP is located on South side of the 3rd floor.
- Restrooms and other amenities are located throughout the terminals for passenger convenience. You'll find ATMs, currency exchange counters, help desks, accessibility attendants and more. Walk around before your flight and enjoy the art and design of the terminals. This architectural beauty is located outside of the busy city center and provides space to rest and relax before flying.
Enjoy the art installations placed around the airport. Capture pics on your phone and tag SMF on your social networks.
Book Your SMF Parking Space Today