Port of Virginia Information and LocationPort of Virginia is a wonderful port near some of the nest sights Norfolk has to offer. Make sure to check out the incredible Nautilus, the National Maritime Museum and the famous Battleship Wisconsin BB-64 for a great time!
Port of Virginia is close to a number of great naval museums.
Learn About The Port Of Virginia
Located in the independent city of Norfolk Virginia lies the Port of Virginia. It is neighbors to the wonderful Nauticus, the National Maritime Museum and the Battleship Wisconsin BB-64 a famous Iowa-class battleship which is quite the site to see up close. Not too far away is the Virginia Beach Ocean front known for its beautiful three mile long Boardwalk. A little bit further away but worth the trip is Colonial Williamsburg, a living history museum and historical area from the eighteenth century.
Norfolk is the second most populous city in Virginia, but is may be the most beautiful. Norfolk is considered to be the urban, financial, historic and cultural center of the Hampton Roads region. Norfolk has a long history as a strategic military base. It is home to the largest Navy Bast in the world, Naval Station Norfolk as well a NATO's Strategic Command headquarters. Norfolk has a number of beautiful beaches on the Chesakeake Bay.
The Norfolk Cruise Terminal is home to the Carnival Sunshine, also quoted the "fun ship" for its diverse features like the waterpark and sky course ropes course which have been recently renovated. The Ship offers cruises to the Bahamas, Bermuda, and to "nowhere". It runs out of the Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Centre Named after a fort that once stood at the site. There is something special and enchanting about the location and tourist sites located right at the port that help make the Norfolk Cruise Terminal stand out.
Port of Virginia Gate Information
- The Port of Virginia is a group of facilities centered on the harbor of Hampton Roads.
- Norfolk International Terminals are located on the east shore of the Elizabeth River as it empties into the bay. The Norfolk Cruise Ship Terminal, 1 Waterside Drive, Norfolk, VA, United States, is located at the Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center at One Waterside Dr. and is part of the Port of Norfolk.
- The 80, 000 square foot terminal has room for events and a 54-foot mermaid image cast in the floor time of it's beautiful entrance.
- As passengers disembark, cruise line staff are immediately on hand at the cruise terminal to help get visitors off the ship as quickly as possible. They are knowledgeable and are happy to answer any questions. Passengers will need photo ID and boarding documentation on hand.
- Porters will be on hand to help with any luggage needs.
- Remember that minors will need to be in the presence of a parent or guardian.
- Travel Time: Fifteen minute drive to Norfolk international airport, The Newport News Airport is a thirty minute drive from the port destination so make sure to give yourself enough time to drive or taxi. Close by, about twenty minutes driving, is the Virginia Beach Ocean Front, and forty minutes to the east is Colonial Williamsburg.
- Parking Close to the Port: It is wise to drop off your baggage before you park. There are porters at hand to help check and store you luggage for the cruise. After dealing with your luggage, leave your car in the convenient parking area.
The Port of Virginia webpage is the best place to go to the most current information on cruise ships schedules and regulations. Book online now with Instapark to get the best deals on the safest parking lots!
Don't wait to reserve your parking spot with Instapark immediately!