BHM ALB Airport Info & MapsBHM Airport was opened in 1931 and serves the Birmingham, AL area. It covers over 2,000 acres of land and is a combination of a civil and military airport that's only 5 miles from the city's downtown core.
Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is one of the most modern airports in the South!
Overview | Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport
BHM Airport serves both civilians as well as military personnel. Being only 5 miles from the city's downtown core, it's an easy journey from the moment you land right into the heart of Birmingham. The airport averages 301 airport operations per day, serving millions of passengers yearly. It's the busiest airport in Alabama in terms of passenger volume. In addition to aircraft service, the Southern Museum of Flight can be found on the east side of one of the runways. You can also find plenty of artwork through the terminal all over the airport grounds.
Like most airport's, there are 2 levels with the upper level being accessible with escalators and elevators to help you get around. The airport's lower level is baggage claim as well as ticketing so you can get to the right gate. The parking is also organized to face specific airlines so you can get in faster, with areas from A - E being best depending on what airlines you're flying with: A and B for American Airlines and C, D and E for Delta, Southwest and United Express. The F section at the very back is parking overflow.
This first level entrance will give you access to nearby BHM airport parking, a location travellers can park their cars safely while they travel.
Airport Concourse & Gate Info
- The airport is home to 3 main concourses and 19 gates among them.
- In concourse A, you find 8 gates used by Delta Airlines as well as Aeromexico. Here is also where you access the customers and immigration areas. When international flights arrive, they're led down a glass corridor in the concourse that leads to the US Customs and Immigrations processing area, after which passengers can go through doors and head into the main airport terminal area.
- In concourse B, you'll find a total of 5 gates: B1 - B5. These gates are used to service American Airlines as well as Bahamasair.
- Concourse is home to 6 gates: C1 - C6 that are used by both Southwest and United Airlines.
- Across the upper level of the airport, you have access to plenty of public washrooms, as well as food and retail shops and concessions just in case you need to make any last minute purchases before boarding your flight. You can find Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A and so much more.
To find out which airlines and destinations are currently operating out of Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport, check out the airport's website to get the most updated information. BHM airport parking, rentals and free shuttle bus services can be accessed across from the airport's entrance. Give Instapark a try for the best Birmingham airport parking.
Book your Instapark ALB Airport parking spot today!